(Photo courtesy of Alex Fritz)

Thursday, March 29, 2012

MEDALS.

After last summer's SCS Nationals in Hotlanta, Sidney had completed 4 full years of competitive youth climbing. Over that time, she had accumulated a lot of medals that had filled up a small shoe box. I decided to get all arts and crafty by surprising her with some kind of medal case. Let me tell you, it was a lot harder project than I thought.

First, I am not capable of making a medal case so I had to buy one. There is not a big market for medal cases online so the pickings were slim. The few that I liked were very expensive. Finally, I found one that fit my needs to house a lot of medals and while still expensive, didn't break my bank.

Second, I had to buy some cardboard/foam to hang the medals on inside of the case as it was empty. After looking in 5 different craft/art supply stores, I finally found exactly what I was looking for and prepared to get my arts and crafts on.

Third, arts and crafts are hard!! Being a perfectionist didn't help but I spent 3 nights and at least 7 hours working on that case! I got all the medals in it but unfortunately I was not done. There was still room for 3 more medals. So I hung it up on the wall and patiently waited until this past Bouldering season was finished. Thankfully, Sidney won 3 more medals to fill the case and now I am good to go for another 4 1/2 years!! Time to fill up another small shoe box.
All of Sidney's medals at Regionals, Divisionals and Nationals, starting at the beginning of the 2008 season and ending with the 2012 ABS13 Nationals. (Photo courtesy of me)

No comments:

Post a Comment